Teacher comment NOT visible to student

DSilva
Practitioner

Teacher comment NOT visible to student

Dear All,

We use PS Learning within UC and one of our teachers left a comment to a student providing feedback in PS Learning (Also called Class Pages). We have looked with the student in UC Assignments, Class Pages student inbox, Progress -> Standards Progress which takes you to Parental Portal and still we could NOT found this comment. 

Can you help us understand where does this great piece of learning evidence and feedback to guide instruction is?

A screenshot is below.

Thank you,

Daniela Silva 

Director of Technology & Learning Innovation
The American School of Lima

@iLearnDSilva

dsilva@amersol.edu.pe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Angelam7
Veteran

Re: Teacher comment NOT visible to student

Hi @DSilva,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community!  The screenshot you provided the comment box is only viewable to the student through the Learning Gradebook.  In Unified Classroom students can not see the Learning Gradebook.  I recommend the teacher to write a message on the Assignment Details or enter the comment in the Scoresheet then the student should be able to see the comment.  I hope this information helps.  If you have additional questions let me know and I will be happy to help.

Have a great afternoon!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
4 Replies
Highlighted
DSilva
Practitioner

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 8.46.48 AM.png

Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @DSilva,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community!  The screenshot you provided the comment box is only viewable to the student through the Learning Gradebook.  In Unified Classroom students can not see the Learning Gradebook.  I recommend the teacher to write a message on the Assignment Details or enter the comment in the Scoresheet then the student should be able to see the comment.  I hope this information helps.  If you have additional questions let me know and I will be happy to help.

Have a great afternoon!

Angelam7

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
RYANS28
Journeyman

If a school has UC, then why not disable all options which the student can't see?  This is very frustrating for teachers who have taken the time to enter comments just to find out that they did it the wrong way.

Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @RYANS28,

Thank you for posting in the Community!  Unfortunately, the comment box cannot be disabled.  I understand how this can be frustrating for teachers.  I can submit this to our Product Review Team as a feature request on your behalf.  I hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Angelam7