Slowness with gradebook through UC in the afternoons

Highlighted
ckilcollins
Journeyman

Slowness with gradebook through UC in the afternoons

Several teachers in our district are having issues with UC specifically focusing on Gradebook and creating assignments in the afternoons.  We are on Eastern time and the issues seem to start happening around 11:30 when all timezones across the US are in school. The links just seem to spin for a long time and sometimes get timeout errors.  Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

2 Replies
MDerosier

Re: Slowness with gradebook through UC in the afternoons

I am absolutely experiencing the same problem. It seems to coincide with times when our district has maxed out its bandwidth. I haven't checked yet to see if the same thing happens off of the school's network, as the idea has only just occurred to me as I type this out.

Community Moderator ScottS
Community Moderator

Re: Slowness with gradebook through UC in the afternoons

Hi @ckilcollins and @MDerosier!

Thank you for posting in the PowerSchool Community. Performance issues with UC and your gradebook are an issue that would best be investigated by our PowerSchool Unified Classroom Support Engineers.

The best way to address this would be to have your school's respective technical contacts reach out to our support team with an example Unified Classroom Teacher Account (username and password) that we can use to replicate the performance issue. That will allow us to document the issue and be able to possibly nail down the cause of the performance problems that you are experiencing. Other information we will need will include, but may not be limited to, dates and times of the performance issues, what areas of Unified Classroom are impacted by the performance issues, and the exact nature of the performance issues (Loading dots showing for a long time, page appearing blank longer than expected, etc.).

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!