Should I post questions here for PowerTeacher Pro?

Highlighted
jweisenfeld
Practitioner

http://www.linkedin.com/in/weisenfeldj
4 Replies
jweisenfeld
Practitioner

Re: Should I post questions here for PowerTeacher Pro?

What I mean to say is that our district only uses PowerTeacher Pro (as far as I know).  Is that a part of Unified Classroom?  Is this an appropriate place to ask questions about PowerTeacher Pro?

Community Support Expert kevins
Community Support Expert

Hi @jweisenfeld!

Thanks for posting!

PowerTeacher Pro would be part of the PowerSchool SIS and is sometimes used in conjunction with Learning. Since Unified Classroom uses a cloud based version of PowerTeacher Pro backed from the SIS, it would likely be best to go through your District's Technical Contact for reference as they would have access to more resources specific to your version of PowerSchool.

The help here would really be geared towards Teachers using Unified Classroom which may not lead you in the right direction

Additionally, if you are using it with Learning, you can post in the Learning forum for questions involving those pieces of the product.

Hopefully that answers your question!

Thanks!

-Kevin

jweisenfeld
Practitioner

Hi Kevin,

That sort of answers my question...

The answer I am getting from your response is.  "The PowerSchool Community at help.powerschool.com is not about real users, like teachers, it is about integrators and back-end folks."

That's sad, because I'm in PowerSource and that is also *NOT* about teachers and real users.  I was hoping that help.powerschool.com would listen and welcome real users, like teachers, but it does not.

Please take back to your customer service and support folks that we are waiting for a real, wide-open, responsive support portal that listens to real users, i.e. teachers, and not just integrators and IT folks.

Thanks anyway!

Waiting for a more responsive portal, open to all users.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jweisenfeld

Thank you for your response. We are continuing to grow our Community and this is helpful feedback as we build additional resources for all users. 

Some of our products already have forums where teachers interact. Kevin shared some examples in his response. This forum was set up for teachers using Unified Classroom. Though we don't currently have a forum specifically for teachers using PowerTeacher Pro, it sounds like you are sharing feedback that you would find a PTP forum valuable. I will take that feedback back to my team. At this time, we have created a Community Forum where we do receive posts from teachers. You can access that forum here.

I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions. You are also welcome to message me directly using the message icon on the top right-hand side of this page. 

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager