Rubrics

Highlighted
Chko23
Journeyman

Rubrics

Hello! I'm trying to understand how to create rubrics and I came across some situations.

When you create the rubric and assign differrent weights and a scale  from 0 to 3 for each section, the rubric penalize heavily the student, for example if I want him to have 90 based on the rubric, the final score is 86 or 84,how can you properly create the rubric for this situations?

Thank you for your attention!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: Rubrics

Thank you for your patience as we look into the creation of rubrics in Unified Classroom!

The value of each criteria is set by the grade scale.  The grade scales are set up by the district and are attached to the criteria that is chosen when creating a rubric in Unified Classroom.  If you would like a grade scale that is not currently associated with a criteria, I recommend reaching out to a Unified Classroom admin within the district that will assist with the creation of a new grade scale.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
4 Replies
Community Moderator

I will be happy to look into the creation of rubrics with you! 

Would you please provide more details of the type of rubric you are attempting to create so I can get a better understanding?

You can also enter the overall grade manually for an assessment.

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Chko23
Journeyman

Hi Jaime!

The thing is that you can change the weight for each section but you cannot change the range of points, for example, if I put a range from 4-0 it will appy to all sections, and this penalize heavily the student. What I want to do is something like this:

Picture1.png

So each square has a different grading range instead of just 3 to 0. Is this possible?

Community Moderator

Thank you for your quick and detailed response! 

We are researching the creation of rubrics in Unified Classroom.  We will follow-up no later than Monday, April 8.  

Thank you for your patience while we research this further!

Jamie H.
Community Moderator

Thank you for your patience as we look into the creation of rubrics in Unified Classroom!

The value of each criteria is set by the grade scale.  The grade scales are set up by the district and are attached to the criteria that is chosen when creating a rubric in Unified Classroom.  If you would like a grade scale that is not currently associated with a criteria, I recommend reaching out to a Unified Classroom admin within the district that will assist with the creation of a new grade scale.

Jamie H.