Messages/Communication

Highlighted
chansen
Journeyman

Messages/Communication

I've used Remind to communicate with families. But I would like to switch to PowerSchool. But, some of the features I like in Remind aren't in PS. Specifically - if I'm messaging a specific parent, I might need to add an attachment (their student recieved a detention and I want to send a copy), and I would like to be able to message a group of parents (with attachments) instead of the whole class. Any upgrades possible for this? Thanks!

1 Reply
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: Messages/Communication

Good Afternoon @chansen,

Thank you for your post. When sending email from Unified Classroom it is possible to select a list of desired parents by searching under the 'To' field when Writing a message:

image (1).png

If you wish to send to all parents, you would want to select 'All Parents' in this way:

image (2).png

While there is not currently a feature in place in Unified Classroom to send attachments to parents, it should be possible to send images to them as a workaround based on your permissions. That said, I have also shared your feedback with the Product Team as a feature request that you would like to see in the future. 

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin 

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!