How do I copy a seating chart layout to my other classes?

sigric
Journeyman

How do I copy a seating chart layout to my other classes?

6 Replies
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: How do I copy a seating chart layout to my other classes?

Thank you for posting this in the Community!  The SIS Teacher Portal can copy seating chart designs between classes.  I have listed the steps to the process below.

1. From the Seating Chart or Seating Chard Design screen click the Layout Selection Dropdown and select the grey [New Layout] layout.

2. In the "Create a New Layout" window, select "Start from a pre-existing layout"

3. In the "Select a Layout Template" window, select the desired School Year to copy from and the desired Layout Name.

4. Click Finish

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
kawood

I tried watching the video, but it has a message that because of privacy settings, I cannot watch it.  Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Community Moderator

Thank you for posting this in the Community!  The SIS Teacher Portal can copy seating chart designs between classes.  I have listed the steps to the process below.

1. From the Seating Chart or Seating Chard Design screen click the Layout Selection Dropdown and select the grey [New Layout] layout.

2. In the "Create a New Layout" window, select "Start from a pre-existing layout"

3. In the "Select a Layout Template" window, select the desired School Year to copy from and the desired Layout Name.

4. Click Finish

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
rdelaney
Recruit

I do not have the option to select from an existing layout. Is that something that my administrator needs to enable? If so, how/where would she go about doing that?

Thanks for your help!

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I don't think there is any setting to show it. Maybe that page was customized by your school.

Community Moderator

Thank you for posting in the Community!

I have provided steps below to walk through the process of copying a seating chart layout.

1. From the "Create a Seating Chart" screen, click "New Layout"
2. Select [New Layout] (the one in the brackets)
3. Give it a name (maybe the room number?), and select "make from scratch"
4. Make your seating chart in the "Design tab".
5. Populate the squares, and hit save
6. Navigate to the next class to "duplicate the seating chart"
7. Select "[New Layout]"
8. Select PRE-EXISTING LAYOUT, and hit NEXT
9. Select the term for which you made the initial seating chart
10. Select the Layout that you made.
11. Then you can populate the new squares.

Jamie H.