Hand Out Button - UC Assignment

kmorgan81091
Journeyman

Hand Out Button - UC Assignment

I'm starting to use the new Unified Classroom assignments for online work, but how do you handout a Google Document? When I attached a Google Doc, I only get 'View' as an option and not HandoutScreen Shot 2019-02-26 at 11.19.03 AM.png

11 Replies
econleyshannon
Practitioner

Re: Hand Out Button - UC Assignment

Same Here-  I followed up with tech support live assist who said the problem is we may not have Gsuite integration which is why we don't have it and need to talk to our admin.

However when I asked tech admin team  I was told that

the problem is not getting google files tool them. The problem that is still there is when they turn it back in to you, you can not open it in google and annotate on it. You have to download their turned in work to be able to grade it" .  I am trying ot clarify if my tech team misunderstood or if perhaps there was a glitch and the option was taken away?

Frustrating.

kmorgan81091
Journeyman

Interesting. Yes, we are Gsuite as well and its not working. Our tech team is working on it. 

At least we aren't the only ones!

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties handing out a Google document!  We have received two reports of this issue today.  We have found that re-linking Gsuite in the Admin portal of Unified Classroom resolves the issue.  I recommend reaching out to a PS Admin to re-link Gsuite.  PS Admins are welcome to reach out to PowerSchool Unified Classroom Support for assistance re-linking Gsuite in the Admin portal of UC.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
amccarty
Rookie

Does this fix the hand out issue or does this allow for the view/edit in google option after students have handed in?  I know this was supposed to be part of an update that would allow for teachers to complete it in UC and not have to download - has that happened?

Community Moderator

Yes, this should allow the handout option to appear if the Google Domain is linked as well as installing the PowerSchool UC app within the Google Domain.

Teachers can still edit the assignment after a student submits their work.
They can also preview Google Docs within UC now without having to download the file

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I'm the PowerSchool and Unified Classroom  administrator at my school and I just re-linked it. That does not fix the problem. When sharing a Google Drive file via a new assignment, the only option is view. There are no other choices.

Community Moderator

Thank you for this information, Dan! 

Can you confirm the PowerSchool Unified Classroom app within the Google Domain has been installed?

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

No it wasn't. That was not part of our implementation last summer. We were only instructed in the documentation to install the PowerSchoo Learning App from the Google Marketplace.  I just installed it and the handout option is now showing up.  Thanks.

kmorgan81091
Journeyman

My administrators were able to relink it and it worked, but the next day it stopped working. When the students go to view the assignment an error pops up saying that a copy cannot be generated. It doesn't matter if its private, shared with the district, or public online. A case has been submitted and I'm told to just talk to the administration about it.

Would really like this feature working ASAP