Discussion posts & replies

christicraig
Hobbyist

Discussion posts & replies

Over the weekend, PowerSchool isn't allowing students or me, the instructor, to create a new post, submit a reply to a post, or clear notifications. As I am in the middle of an online course, I am desperately looking for a fix. Assignments are due this week, and while my email shows that students are posting, I cannot access them in PowerSchool when I log in. Please Help!

Thank you,

Christi Craig

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: Discussion posts & replies

Thank you for reporting this issue within the Community!

We're currently seeing issues with creating/updating content or information in PS Learning. We're working hard to investigate and get a resolution in place as quickly as possible. Please note that the content that you create is not lost and will appear once we have resolved this issue. It would be helpful if you could avoid re-recreating the items.

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing and appreciate your patience as we work through the issue.

Please visit our status page at status.powerschool.com for more frequent updates. You can also subscribe to that page to receive notifications with live updates.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
3 Replies
Community Moderator

Thank you for reporting this issue within the Community!

We're currently seeing issues with creating/updating content or information in PS Learning. We're working hard to investigate and get a resolution in place as quickly as possible. Please note that the content that you create is not lost and will appear once we have resolved this issue. It would be helpful if you could avoid re-recreating the items.

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing and appreciate your patience as we work through the issue.

Please visit our status page at status.powerschool.com for more frequent updates. You can also subscribe to that page to receive notifications with live updates.

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
christicraig
Hobbyist

Hi, I have a student who is experiencing the same issue in a different discussion board--opens the discussion but the posts disappear before she can access them in any way. I know PowerSchool is undergoing maintenance tomorrow. Is this an issue that will be corrected? Feeling frustrated that the same issue has come up twice during the run of my course.

Thanks for your help.

Community Moderator

I'm sorry the student is experiencing an issue viewing discussion posts!  

To allow us to further assist, please provide the following information.

• What device is the student using to access the discussion post?
  • Is the student experiencing this issue with all discussion posts or one?
  • Is it one student experiencing this issue or multiple students?
  • Please have the student clear her cache and attempt to access the post again.  This link should provide the steps of clearing the cache in the most common browsers.  Did clearing the cache allow the student to view the discussion post?

Jamie H.