Delete an assignment / Haiku Class / Calendar

Chko23
Journeyman

Delete an assignment / Haiku Class / Calendar

Hello everyone! I created an assignment for the students and I'm trying to delete it from the scoresheet, but when I tried to do it from there, I receive a message that says that I can't delete it from there, Do I have to delete the activity from pages so it can be erased from the scoresheet? Or how?

Also, I'm using Firefox to navigate the platform but lately, whenever I log in to the unified classroom, after a short time it redirects me to a page called haiku class, with some kind of error like "open id connect authenticaton failed" and is getting really hard to access the platform is this normal?

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-08 at 11.58.17 AM.jpeg

And finally, whenever the students see the calendar and try to download it, the date that appears seems to be the one when the assesment or assgignment was create it, is there a way a change it so the due date appears?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Moderator Chelsea
Community Moderator

Re: Delete an assignment / Haiku Class / Calendar

@Chko23 

Checking into your Calendar question with the Learning Team they noted the following;

Activities (assessments and assignments) are entered in the Calendar according to their due dates, if they don't have a due date, the date of creation is used instead! Teachers can't really change this, however, you can add an event at any date, and put info about activities in the Event. But if you change the due date, the automatically created calendar item should follow the due date instead. 

So you can use the due date to control the calendar item, if you need to go outside of that, you can create a separate Event.

Chelsea
Unified Classroom - Technical Support Engineer I/Community Moderator
3 Replies
Community Moderator

Hello @Chko23 

Thank you for posting for us!

Taking a look at the OpenID Error; that was the cause of a bad Server we had encountered this morning, sorry about that! Since 11:00AM PST we have solved the OpenID Authentication issue so you should no longer encounter it, if you do please do let us know so we can take a closer look.

On to your original question; yes you will need to go into Class Pages in order to delete a Learning Assignment. Learning Assignments can be indicate by the Paper Clip Icon or the Title of (PowerSchool Learning) under the Assignment Name in the School Sheet. Once you have deleted it in Class Pages you will also need to navigate back to Scoresheet and remove the Assignment from there as well.

A question for you; about the Calendar? Where are the Students going inside of Unified Classroom and downloading the Calendar? I want to make sure we're both on the same page!

Chelsea
Chko23
Journeyman

Helloo!

About the calendar, they download it from class pages/Calendar

calendar.png

Thank you for your support!

Teacher Sergio.

Community Moderator

@Chko23 

Checking into your Calendar question with the Learning Team they noted the following;

Activities (assessments and assignments) are entered in the Calendar according to their due dates, if they don't have a due date, the date of creation is used instead! Teachers can't really change this, however, you can add an event at any date, and put info about activities in the Event. But if you change the due date, the automatically created calendar item should follow the due date instead. 

So you can use the due date to control the calendar item, if you need to go outside of that, you can create a separate Event.

Chelsea