Connection lags

Highlighted
DSilva
Practitioner

Connection lags

Hello,

We get TONS of complaints from teachers and students when logging in to PS. They are tired of looking at the cat message and our bandwidth is one of the strongest so the problem is not in our end. Is there any update on how PowerSchool is working to improve connectivity in UC and all the different platforms they are trying to synchronized?

Thanks,

Daniela Silva

Director of Technology & Learning Innovation

The American School of Lima

5 Replies
Community Moderator ScottS
Community Moderator

Re: Connection lags

Hi Daniela,

Thank you for posting in the PowerSchool Community.

I wanted to follow up with you on this case to see if your school is still experiencing this issue. Also, I was curious if any of your staff or students experience this behavior from home or from internet connections outside of your school's site.

If you do see a difference in the behavior of your Unified Classroom Class Pages between your school's site and connections that are off-site (home, public access points, mobile connections, etc.), please pass this information on to your school's technical contact so that they can reach out to our support team and let them know that there is a site-specific connection issue. This kind of information can be supremely helpful in localizing problems that can cause performance issues.

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
DSilva
Practitioner

Hi Scott,

This also happens when they are at home too, it continues kicking them out, including parents in UC. 

I am the 'technical contact' as I am the Director of Technology so it must be something at your end. Can you guys run a connection report or tell us how to connect more efficiently through our ISP and specific nodes?

Thanks,

Daniela Silva

Director of Technology & Learning Innovation

The American School of Lima 

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

We are seeing the same thing here too. Even after the hot fix last week, pages continue to load slowly, especially when moving from one "unified" silo to another. Those color dots are the new blue screen of death!

Dan Morgan

Saint Mary's College High School

Berkeley, CA

Community Moderator ScottS
Community Moderator

Hi @DanM3,

I've reached out to you via a private message about the performance issues that you are experiencing from your school to gather addtional details about this issue.

Regards,

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DSilva

Thank you for reaching out to share your experience with connection lags. I'll be in touch shortly in a message to gather additional details to better assist with what your users are seeing. 

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager