Communicate from Assignment

sigric
Journeyman

Communicate from Assignment

Hi, All! Is there a way to send an email or message a parent directly from an assignment? For example, if a student is missing an assignment, can you quickly send a message from the assignment to let them know that it is missing or do you have to leave assignments and go back to communication?

Thanks for all of your help!

7 Replies
Community Moderator Jaclynp
Community Moderator

Re: Communicate from Assignment

Hi @sigric

Thank you for your post.  At this time there is no way to email a parent directly from an assignment. Parents should be getting notifications of missing assignments provided they have subscribed to notifications. You will need to navigate to Communication to contact parents via email.

I hope this helps, if you have any concerns please let me know.

Jaclynp

PowerSchool Community Moderator

tmcknight
Journeyman

I thought that I had, some time in the past, been able to send an email to all students who had not submitted an assignment.  Now I cannot find this feature?

Tim

Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @tmcknight ,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance in the Community!  I have provided a link below to an article that provides you step by step on how to email students individually or the whole class.  If you have any questions, please let me know and I will be happy to help!

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-Rosters-Invitations/How-do-I-email-my-Roster/ta-p/701

Angelam7

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
tmcknight
Journeyman

Somewhere my original request has been poorly understood.

The link that has  been provided shows me how to do things I already know how to do.

Specifically i wish to generate a quick email to ONLY those students with MISSING WORK.

Thanks,

Tim

Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @tmcknight,

At this time, students can be sent a message individually or by the entire class. There is not a way to send a message to a particular group of students within an assignment. Please let us know if we are not on the same path and provide as much detail as possible with a response so we can provide the correct information.

Angelam7

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Jules25
Recruit

I am pretty sure you can but not sure. I sure hope so because if I need to communicate with a parent from something that happened to their child (somebody in my class is their child.) I can communicate with them.

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Teachers are able to communicate with parents in Unified Classroom through the Communication tab.  This will allow teachers to send and receive private messages from parents and students.  Parents can also students' progress for all assignments within the parent portal.  Parents can subscribe to the assignment notifications within the parent portal to receive messages/notifications of missed assignments.

Jamie H.