Assignments for Multiple Classes

f352370
Hobbyist

Assignments for Multiple Classes

PowerSchool has managed to make it even more time consuming to complete basic gradebook tasks.

OK, Unified Classroom - why are there multiple windows/pages/interfaces for creating assignments?  I want to create an assignemnt and check the boxes next to the classes I'm assigning it to, and I'd like to do it in fewer than 2 dozen mouse clicks.

3 Replies
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: Assignments for Multiple Classes

Thank you for posting in the PowerSchool Community!

You should be able to assign an assignment to multiple classes by selecting the pencil icon during the assignment creation process.  I have provided two articles below that should walk through the steps of adding an assignment to multiple classes.

Add an assignment to a single class or multiple classes

Should I make my Assignment in Class Pages or the Scoresheet?

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
f352370
Hobbyist

I attempted to follow your directions but after hitting the create button I found myself at this screen.Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 2.21.40 PM.png

From here, I cannot choose a category for my assignments.

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Thank you for providing a screenshot!

It appears you are creating a Learning assignment instead of a Unified Classroom assignment.  A Learning assignment can be assigned to multiple classes by creating a content block from the assignment and copying the block to the other classes.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!