Frustrated beyond belief

dariaaj
Rookie

Frustrated beyond belief

I'm having difficulty adding my daughter to the powerschool sis account I created.  Since the student details the school gave me to use as the access pin and password for my kid is correct, there is nothing they can do.  So to ask a simple question I have to create another user id and password to access this community.  So I do this pain in the butt thing and still can't access chat support.  Your company may not realize it but your process escalates stress--there are no phone numbers on the powerschool site which means you either don't care about service or are too small a company to really service customers or both. Searching community forums for an answer to a question that is similar to the one you want to ask is both inefficient and frustrating.  Is it fun to treat people like hamsters and making them spin their little wheels? It's not like parents can convince schools to go with a better content provider. ANY content provider.

5 Replies
CindyM8
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Your best bet is to reach out directly to the school for assistance. Also, if this is a brand new parent account you have to set that up on the web first and can then log into the mobile app.

CM

dariaaj
Rookie

Thank you for responding so quickly, I appreciate that since I'm still on hold one hour later with phone support. 

I'm sorry I wasn't clear.  I did reach out to the school for assistance, they gave me a link to chat which meant I had to sign up for this community and they gave me a phone number where after a 30 minute wait the rep told me to call the school back and tell them they were set up incorrectly and have them call powerschool to fix it, then he hung up on me.  Do I look like Hermes? Do I wings coming out of my feet? No. lol. I just want to be able to get in, print an official copy of her transcript and check on her graduation progress but I'm caught in the middle of powerschool and OHVA struggle.

This is what OHVA gave me:

As for the parent account, you would have to contact powerschool support if you are having issues with it 😕  We can only give you the student account access info, but any troubleshooting beyond that has to go to the powerschool people.

Chat Support:

Click here to LAUNCH CHAT SUPPORT. See additional Chat Support options HERE.

Phone Support:

866-434-6276

BTW Here is the original  powerschool intro email parents were given.

dariaaj_0-1632409889619.png

BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @dariaaj,

We are sorry you are having such an experience.

Due to security reasons, PowerSchool does not have access to student's data.  The data is stored on your school or district's PowerSchool SIS setup and can only be accessed by them.

The school or district needs to associate your Parent Portal account with your student's account to make sure that you have access to your student's data.  This is done to make sure that your student's data is only visible to you. Likely, the school or district has not associated your student with your account or associated it with a different email address.

Please note that the Student access ID and password are different from the Username and Password that is required to sign in to your Parent Portal account.  The student access ID and password are unique for every student and are generated by the school or district which is used to link your Parent Portal account with your student's data.

You can find more information in the article linked below.

How do I log into PowerSchool? How can I find my account information? 

Our team will be reaching out to the school on your behalf to discuss your issue.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
dariaaj
Rookie

Thanks BishalG..shortly after getting this notification, I got an email from the OHVA's school admin, Jeanie, she gave the same access ID and password for my student that I'd been using all along so, unfortunately the linked article was not at all helpful.  I can still sign in as my student in a browser but it's inconvenient not to be able to use the parent app on my phone for both of my kids. 

BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @dariaaj,

The article I linked previously helps with instructions to log in to your Parent Portal account when using a web browser.  Please note that you have to create a Parent Portal account and use the district-provided student access ID and password to link your students to your newly created account.

Please find the articles for the PowerSchool Mobile app set up linked below.

How To: Set Up PowerSchool Mobile App 

How can I find my District Code? 

How can I add a second student to my parent account? 

Would you please confirm whether your students are part of the same district?  If you continue to have difficulty, please provide the error message that you see on your end.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!