Android App version 21.4.6

allenehorton
Hobbyist

Android App version 21.4.6

I have a student reporting that they are receiving an error message "Connection is Not Trusted" when trying to login to the public portal of PowerSchool for our district using their cell phone, an Android model running the PowerSchool app version 21.4.6. 

The full message is:

"The connection to this client may not be sured Your information (username, password, student data) could be viewed by others.  Contact Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau School District to resolve the issue."

The student can successfully login using the app on their iPad and using the browser on the Android phone.  The phone is a Samsung S21 5G running the most up-to-date operating system.  

Has anyone else seen this issue? If so have you resolved it and how?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Gr 6 Research Skills and Robotics Teacher
Instructional Technology Coordinator
PowerSchool Administrator
Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau School District
Phone:     608.582.2291 ext 1640
2 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @allenehorton

This error generates when the server address is not secure. If there is only one student having the issue, please advise them to uninstall and reinstall the app on their mobile and check if they can log in. 

In case, the student continues to get the error, you would need to reach to PowerSchool Support through a case and have them check the setup and access the required data information for them to investigate further.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

allenehorton
Hobbyist

Thank you!  I will have the student give this a try. I appreciate your help!

Gr 6 Research Skills and Robotics Teacher
Instructional Technology Coordinator
PowerSchool Administrator
Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau School District
Phone:     608.582.2291 ext 1640