COVID-19, changing to a Pass/Fail using special code

DavidS3
Apprentice

COVID-19, changing to a Pass/Fail using special code

If we change the student's grade to a Pass/Fail using the Special Code option over-ride and leave the percent (%); will the percent still calculate into the end of year final grade and GPA?

1 Solution
DanM3
Elite

I would recommend watching the main topic of Jason Springel's PowerSchool Insider # 84, he talks about this exact issue and lays out the issue in a comprehensive manner.  

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Insider-Videos/PowerSchool-Insider-Episode-84-March-20-2020/ta-p/826...

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanM3
Elite

I would recommend watching the main topic of Jason Springel's PowerSchool Insider # 84, he talks about this exact issue and lays out the issue in a comprehensive manner.  

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Insider-Videos/PowerSchool-Insider-Episode-84-March-20-2020/ta-p/826...

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

DavidS3
Apprentice

Thank you, reviewing the Insider #84 answered all my questions!

LBLANK
Rookie

We have an ADVISORY course that is Pass / Fail. How can we get the override letter to show as a P on student and parent phones / apps instead of an F? Can we set the course to P / F grading? I see no obvious solution. Thank you.

L

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @LBLANK

You can either setup a Special Code scale and attach it to the grade scale or you can also setup a grade scale for that course and set that grade scale on the course. 

For more information, we recommend reviewing this document: SpecialCodes.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!