Why do you have to reset your password EVERY time you login?

jamiem7
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why do you have to reset your password EVERY time you login?

Thank you for providing this information and working through troubleshooting steps within the thread!

The parent portal credentials are also used to access the PowerSchool mobile app for parents.  Since you are not experiencing difficulties with the mobile app for parents and we have not received reports from other parents experiencing a similar issue, I recommend reaching out to your child's school district to look into the set up of your account.  The school can also reach out to PowerSchool Support if further assistance is needed.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator

Explore becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!
mikeburt
Journeyman

This is still an ongoing issue.  We (support at District level) are still recieving complaints from schools that parents must reset their PW everytime they try to login to the Portal...Logging into the App appears to work fine. This does not appear to be connected to individual user accounts.

normb4
Padawan

same here - and when parents ask to school or district they say contact power school.   We're all stuck in a loop 

ElstonS
Senior

Hi @normb4@mikeburt

Thank you for bringing this to our notice and I'm sorry the parents in your district have to reset their password every time they try to login to the portal. 

I have escalated your details to the PowerSchool Mobile support team who should be reaching out to you to gather more details regarding your district's set up and further assist you with this.

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

ReginaS6
Journeyman

We are having an issue where passwords won't stick once they are reset by an Admin and changed by user as prompted following all password requirements.  It will get the user in once and once logged out, will need password reset again to get into the system both on a PC and using mobile app.  I hope you don't mind my comment on this thread as it could be related...

normb4
Padawan

there is definitely an issue with passwords retention -  and I have yet to see Power School responding/acknowledging that the issue is on their end and that there is any steps to resolving it. 

bga
Padawan

FWIIW, I am having exactly the same issue. I can reset the password and that logs me in automatically. Then if I log out or the session times out, I can not login anymore and need to reset the password. I did it 5 times today already.

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @bga,

Thank you for posting this in PowerSchool Community!

We recommend reaching out to the school district to get further assistance on the issue who should be able to troubleshoot the issue for you. 

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
normb4
Padawan

the school says to contact power school... which is what I've done a number of times as well as thru the community.  It's a vicious cycle now a year or so into the bug

bga
Padawan

@Reshma As a mentioned on my previous message, the issue seesm to be that passwords can not have @ signs. If they do, then this issue happens. This is definitelly a PowerSchool issue and not a school district issue.