Students in same district, but differet schools

Highlighted
Tyr123
Recruit

Students in same district, but differet schools

I have 2 kiddos in high school and 1 kiddo in middle school. They are in the same district. Is there a way to get all three on to my account. There is no account preferences tab and if I log out, I still do not get an option to add my 3rd kiddo. Can you help??
4 Replies
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: Students in same district, but differet schools

When you log into the parent portal, you should see an Account Preferences icon. Click on the icon.  You will see your profile page. In the tab next to profile there is one called Student. Click on that and then the add button. You will need the account ID and password to add the other students.

Tyr123
Recruit

Thanks for response. But there is NOT an account preference button available on the update.
Community Support Expert BishalG
Community Support Expert

Hi @Tyr123, Thank you for posting your query on PowerSchool Community!

@DanM3 is correct.

If your PowerSchool district is configured to allow you to add students, you may do so via the PowerSchool public portal using a web browser.

• Once you sign in to the web portal, you should be able to see the Account Preferences on the left menu.
  • Click on it.
  • Under Account Preferences, click on the Students tab.
  • Now click on the Add + button and follow the additional steps.
  • Once you have added the new student to your account, you will need to sign out of the mobile app and sign in again.
  • If you aren’t seeing a change immediately swipe down on the screen. This will refresh your student data and allows you to sync all data with PowerSchool.
  • After the sync has been completed a white arrow should appear to the right of the child’s name. Tapping that will open a drop-down box, allowing you to select the student by name.

I hope this helps, feel free to reach out to us if you have any further queries.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Tyr123 You will then need to contact your school and/or district. They may have customized the page and blocked the icon for showing. Unfortunately they are the only ones who can help you at this point.