Students are hacing issues accessing the mobile app.

Highlighted
Rookie

Students are hacing issues accessing the mobile app.

Students are having issues accessing the mobile app.  Some students are ok and have no issues, but more are having issues every day.  We have had them uninstall/reinstall but still no luck.  Frustrating because we tell them to keep a check on their grades.............but the app won't work.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Students are hacing issues accessing the mobile app.

Hi, @AmyR27!

Thank you for participating in the PowerSchool Community! 

I understand you have already been through the process of uninstalling and re-installing the app. I recommend going through the following procedure to try and force the mobile app to re-pull the district information.

I suggest double-tapping the home button and closing the app from there. Then, please uninstall the app, turn off your phone for at least 30 seconds, and then reinstall the app.

Then, try forcing the mobile app to re-pull the district information. After logging out of the mobile app, you should see four boxes on the login screen, this is for the district code. Tap on the link right below the District Code that says “Where is my district code?” on the login screen. On the page that comes up tap “Enter Server Address” and then enter the URL in the box on the next page and hit submit.

Note: You can also get your district server address as well as district code by reaching out to your School Administrator.

If you still continue to see the error message when you try accessing the mobile app, I suggest reaching out to the PowerSchool Mobile Support Team by sending an email to support@powerschool.com and the PowerSchool Mobile Support Team will be able to look into your mobile setup and assist you in troubleshooting this further. 

Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any additional questions.

Sowmya Karmel
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Padawan

Parent has re-installed app on phone, but now no grades are showing.  

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @NicholeB1,

There are a couple of reasons that may cause the grade information to not display on the PowerSchool Mobile App. 

First would be that the district information is not syncing with the Mobile app for the parent, in this case, I suggest to perform a force-pull of the data on the PowerSchool Mobile app.  Steps to perform a 
force-pull has been detailed by @SowmyaN  in her above post.  You can follow this direct link to view the post as well.

If the above method doesn't help show the grades, the district admin has likely disabled the option to display grades on the parent site of the PowerSchool Mobile app.  This would require reaching out to the school district who should be able to provide clarifying information.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Rookie

Re: Students are having issues accessing the mobile app.

Just tried these steps and had no success.

Have emailed Power School support as suggested in your response.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Hobbyist

We are also noticing this as well. Here is what we discovered:

1. Does NOT work on iOS devices.

2. Does work with Android devices.

At the start of the school year, we had a similar issue and was brought up to Powerschool Mobile App. They released an iOS app updated withing a couple of weeks. Solved it that time. I guess we have to wait for the Mobile App to release another iOS app update. 

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi,

We would have to take a closer look at the district's set up to determine what might be causing the issue to access the mobile app.  The PowerSchool community is a public forum and we take the privacy of our customers with utmost importance, therefore, I suggest reaching out to the PowerSchool support team, and they would assist you further.

Muskan Sehar

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
Highlighted
Recruit

Same issue here and have sent an email to support@powerschool.com. After entering the district code, just get a spinning icon after clicking on Continue.

Powerschool mobile not working but can still access the powerschool web interface on my laptop.

Please push through a software update for the mobile app soon.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Senior

Hey @hwmva

I am sorry you are facing issues accessing the mobile app. The PowerSchool Mobile Developers Team is aware of this issue and has come up with a fix for this which should be released soon. 

A temporary workaround to access the mobile app would be to force shut the app out of memory and then re-open it. I suggest double-tapping the home button and closing the app from there.

If you are still unable to access the app, the PowerSchool Mobile Support Team will be happy to help troubleshoot and assist you in accessing the app.

Elston S.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!