Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

jamestd01
Recruit

Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

Hello,

I'm reaching out on behalf of Columbia Independent Schools. One of our student users is currently receiving the below error when attempting to log-in with Google SSO. I've verified that both his Google and Powerschool accounts are active and appropriately configured, and that Gmail is open and being allowed for the organizational unit in G-suite, as well as reset his password, but we're still receiving this error whenever he logs in. It's been tried on multiple operating systems and browsers with the same result. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks,

-James

DennisSigninError.jpg

7 Replies
jamiem7
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

Thank you for posting in the PowerSchool community!

I see the message states "This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google sign-in."  This message is common when the Unified Classroom Marketplace app has not been installed or the email associated with the student's account is not part of the domain. 

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator

Explore becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!
jamestd01
Recruit

Hello Jamie,

As far as I know, the app we have installed in G-suite is "PowerSchool Learning", I've not seen anything about a Unified Classroom app, and Google SSO has been working for weeks now. It just seems like the issue popped up recently for this one student. Additionally, I can verify that the student is in one of our two domains with that email address.

Thanks,

-James

BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi James, Thank You for providing further clarification.

Would you please see if the student is able to login using Learning SSO on the chrome web browser? I have provided the steps below.

• Navigate to your school district's learning portal on chrome.
  • Select the student login option (student.cislions.org)
  • Click Sign in with Google
  • Enter their Google credentials

I suggest making sure that the Gmail part of the student's G-suite account is active otherwise they will not be able to sign-in using Google SSO, we have seen instances where Gmail access was disabled for individual students or specific grades.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
jamestd01
Recruit

Hello Bishal,

I have confirmed that G-suite is active for this user, and their Google account is active. However, I am still receiving the same message when having them try to log in to Powerschool with the Google SSO option (which their Powerschool account is currently configured to use). Error is the same as the one attached above.

Thank you,

-James

BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

We would have to take a closer look at your district's setup and the student's information to determine what might be causing the error message to pop-up when the student tries to log-in to the PowerSchool Learning app.  The PowerSchool Community is a public forum and we take the privacy of our customers with utmost importance, therefore, I suggest reaching out to the PowerSchool Learning Support team, to share the necessary information to provide the ideal solution.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
UfukG
Recruit

Hi,

We use My.Haiku by signing in with Google for 5 years

However, our new colleagues couldn't create their accounts this time. (as in the screenshot in the first post)

We also had the same issue with the new students' account, none of them accessed MyHaiku.

(Planning to have open invitation link)

On the other hand, existing teachers and students can access.

How can we overcome this issue?

Thanks,

jamiem7
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

This is common if the users are trying to use SSO and the email domain of the new users has not been added to the school or district's Google domain.  Can you confirm if the email domains have been added to the Google domain for the district?  

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator

Explore becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!