Push Notifications for announcements/bulletins

Richardson1
Journeyman

Push Notifications for announcements/bulletins

Why is there not an option for parents to receive push notifications for school announcements or bulletins? It seems only logical that parents would like to receive this info from the same resource they use to receive notifications for grades and attendance.
3 Replies
HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@Richardson1  Parents using the mobile PowerSchool app can have School Announcements as a push notification. They can also have School Announcements setup via email notification. Under Email Notification within their parent portal, it can be selected. 

Heather Weist, MEd
PowerSchool Technical Lead, LearningMate & Commonwealth Charter Academy

PowerSchool Mentor/Champion

PowerSchool Mentor of the Year 2021 Winner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
Richardson1
Journeyman

Thanks for responding, but I’m still a little confused. Are you saying they can get notifications through the app on their phones without it being a push notification via email? From the app, I see where I can get push notifications for grades and attendance and underneath that is an option to set up email notifications for several things including announcements. So, a parent would have to set up push notifications on the email to receive push notifications from PowerSchool that way and take a chance that the notification would get lost in all their email notifications instead of being a notification from PS directly. Am I understanding that correctly?

Here’s why I am asking: I teach in a high poverty, semi-rural school system, and many of our parents don’t use email daily the way they do push notifications, and they have been very pleased with the grade and attendance push notifications, so I was just curious as to how that could be set up for announcements in the same way.
SAFFIYAT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Richardson1

The Push notifications are limited to Grades and Attendance only and the setting in the portal under the Email Notification is specific to Email.

Email notifications are configured via the portal and are standard email notifications that get sent around midnight to 3 am-ish time frame. Push notifications that are sent within a few minutes ONLY that supports Grades and Attendance.

Saffiya Tasneem
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!