Problem Syncing - Mobile App

Cvayermom
Trainee

Problem Syncing - Mobile App

On the mobile app my student and I both get an error message “Problem Syncing There was an issue with refreshing data.  Some information my be out-of-date. We are working to resolve this issue.” I have opened 3 tickets and each has been closed with no resolution.  Removed app, started over… at least a dozen times.  Open new ticket it gets closed with a response of “remove app and reload”.  The school district support team has the same issue.  Getting very frustrated.  Need help and running out of opens.

4 Replies
CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Crayermom,

Thank you for posting in our PowerSchool Community!

I am sorry to hear you are having sync issues. I understand you have performed the actions recommended by our support team and have contacted your school.

The error message can be caused due to multiple reasons including duplicate data in the district's records or incorrect term setup.  The issues have to be addressed at the district admin level and the district admin can work with the PowerSchool SIS support team to seek help.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Cvayermom
Trainee

Thank you.  The district has indicated several times they are not able to resolve and are experiencing the same issue when trying to add my child to their account.  What are the options for a person who is bounced back and forth between PowerSchool and the district? At the end of the day my student and I are both not able to access for months now.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Cvayermom  This is a known issue with the app:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-Mobile-Forum/Grades-not-syncing-since-update/td-p/307089

In the meantime, the Web Portal should work (which you should be able to access through any browser on your phone as well as a desktop/laptop/tablet).

I know nothing about your district or building, but I would imagine your child's teachers would answer any direct communication you sent.

Community Support Expert

Hi @JeffG9,

Appreciate you jumping in and offering your assistance!

Hi @Cvayermom ,

We have reached out to the Mobile Support team for assistance on your issue with Mobile Syncing. One of the agents should be reaching out to you soon and discussing this further.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support Expert