Powerschool iOS app having issues

EMUNOZ1682
Journeyman

Powerschool iOS app having issues

Hello. I am a student, and I'll keep this short.

I was randomly signed out of the Powerschool Mobile app, and now whenever I try to find my District code and click continue the app always crashed. I tried to redownload it again and still cant get it to work. I also think I have a different portal since I cant find the district code on the website. Any help would be Appreciated!

9 Replies
ehallvt
Journeyman

I am seeing similar symptoms with iPhones that have been upgraded to iOS 16 and v22.9.0 (2) of PowerSchool Mobile. That same app version seems to work fine under iOS15.

EMUNOZ1682
Journeyman

Yeah, I'm on a preview version of iOS 16, just hope they rush out a quick fix.

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi!

The cause of this crashing issue can vary.  We would need to get more details such as the version of the Mobile Application and the version of the district server, set up, etc to troubleshoot the cause.  We recommend reaching out to the school district so they can connect with us and create a case to find the root cause of the issue further.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
tatifl
Padawan

It's quite obvious that it's a compatibility issue on iPhones running the latest iOS 16.1. Why is this not enough for you to submit a ticket to the mobile support team?! I use PS on my phone daily and this is incredibly frustrating! I've been on hold for nearly 30 minutes to talk to support and about ready to give up and hang up!

euntersee
Trainee

I have had ios 16 on Iphone 13 for a couple of months now and had no issues with the Powerschool until last week. I have the same problem with it crashing after I enter the district code. I even went back to Ios 15 but I still have the same crashing issue. My son has the same problem as well as many other families in his school. Its SUPER frustrating because I really use the app a lot and the website is not obviously not made to view on a phone.
euntersee
Trainee

I just installed an update for IOS 16 and my Powerschool app is working again!!!!
Bagpuss76
Journeyman

I am seeing the same symptoms
My iPhone has been upgraded to iOS 16 and I have v22.9.0 (2) of PowerSchool Mobile. This same app version seems to work fine under iOS15
I got logged out after a iPhone soft reset and now I can’t get back In
I use it daily and now having to go to the non user friendly website it is a big pain
I truly hope they get it fixed
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi,

This appears to be an issue with iOS 16.1/iPad OS 16.1. The mobile team is aware of this issue and we are working on a fix.  Please work with your district to get further updates on this issue when a fix is implemented.  

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
csg626
Padawan

Same issue here - app gets to the screen with the "DISTRICT CODE" section. Upon hitting continue, it immediately crashes. I also recently upgraded to iOS 16, which is when the problem began. I am simply posting this to bump the topic to remain top of mind with PowerSchool tech support. Hopefully this can be fixed ASAP, as virtually every iPhone user is likely to upgrade to iOS 16 soon, if they haven't already done so