Powerschool app

Lehaller
Journeyman

Powerschool app

Is the powerschool app and this website linked? Is it the same thing?
8 Replies
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: Powerschool app

This is a great question for the Community!

Yes, the PowerSchool Mobile app is a mobile version for the parent portal.  Are you seeing any inconsistencies with the PowerSchool Mobile app compared to the parent portal?

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
fmarques
Journeyman

But, if you have Unified Classroom and Google SSO the app doesn't work!

Fagner Marques

International School of Curitiba - Brazil

Lehaller
Journeyman

Thank you everyone! I think that makes sense now!! I really appreciate the feedback!
Lehaller
Journeyman

So on the app you can see grades/class schedules etc. But on the website you can't. So I was wonderinf if it's possible to access the same information? Maybe I'm not seeing it, or the website itself is just a helpful forum?
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Lehaller  Generally speaking you should see grades, schedules and attendance on both the app and the parent portal. (If the school set their permissions properly.) The app has one different feature (if enabled by the school) and that is push notifications. The parent portal (website) can be extensively customized by showing other content. (We do teacher evaluations, self-narratives, etc.) on the website.) The app cannot be customized in that manner.

Community Moderator

@fmarques The PowerSchool Mobile app is associated with the PowerSchool SIS portal.  Due to this, parents and students should be able to view the information within the PowerSchool SIS site.

@Lehaller The school district can choose what is shown on the parent portal as well as the PowerSchool Mobile site.  I recommend reaching out to the school to inquire on the information that is set to appear in the parent portal and the PowerSchool Mobile site

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
fmarques
Journeyman

Yes,  if parents created the account in PowerSchool SIS but, if parents created their account using Google SSO on Unified Classroom the app doesn't work with Google SSO!

Ps.: I am not a fluent english speaker so, if I wrote something wrong, please excuse me!

Community Moderator

@fmarques Thank you for your reply!

The parent portal and mobile app are associated with data in PowerSchool SIS.  The parent portal for PowerSchool SIS and the PowerSchool Mobile are separate sites than the Unified Classroom parent portal.  If a parent has not created a PowerSchool SIS username, the parent can locate their SIS generated username by navigating in Unified Classroom to Quick Links> Main Portal Page> Account Preferences> Username Field.  This will be the SIS username for the PowerSchool mobile app.

Jamie H.