PowerTeacher App (First Time)

pavonc
Journeyman

PowerTeacher App (First Time)

Hello!

This is the first time I am using the PowerTeacher App. I cannot see the correct current term in the app. Do you have any suggestions? Any help is really appreciated.

Carmen

12 Replies
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: PowerTeacher App (First Time)

Hi Carmen,

If you are referring to the PowerTeacher portal (the Mobile App is for parents and students only), the Term cannot be changed by the teacher. Someone on the Admin side of PowerSchool in your school/district will need to make sure the correct Term is displayed.

Teachers are able to change the Term in PowerTeacher Pro.

Thank you! Do you know how to enable it from the Admin? I checked that it is enabled from the Mobile Browser Setting but still not seeing current year.

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Pavonc,

The setting for which school year to display lives at Setup>District>Miscellaneous on the Admin side.

I used the app years ago, I didn't realize it was still out there. I have a vague memory of a help button that gives a list of things you can do. 

Can you see the current term in the PowerTeacher web portal?

pavonc
Journeyman

Thank you. I am seeing past school years not the current.

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Has your school completed the end of year process and set-up things for 2019-2020?

MDeFore
Practitioner

We are having the same issue. Teacher has a new phone, installed the app, only shows previous terms, not this years. His current iphone that he hasn't turned in yet...shows the 19-20 terms. What is going on?

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Thank you for reaching out in the Community!

We are receiving reports of the PowerTeacher Gradebook mobile app not being compatible with the new IOS update.  We recommend reaching out to PowerSchool SIS Support to create a case allowing the PowerSchool SIS Support Team to gather information on the IOS and Mobile app version the teacher is using.  The PowerSchool SIS Team works closely with the PowerSchool SIS Developers and will be able to provide Developers with further information needed to help resolve the issue.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Nititohir
Journeyman

we just use teacher App this school year, and we use IOS 12.4.1

and there is no current school year.