PowerSchool Mobile App Does not Match PowerTeacher Pro

Highlighted
Padawan

PowerSchool Mobile App Does not Match PowerTeacher Pro

A teacher marked an assignment in PowerTeacher Pro as collected. Thus a checkmark appears for students who turned in the assignment. A parent, using PowerTeacher Mobile, on an Android phone, sees a point value. For example __/10 in place of a checkmark or no checkmark for collected or not collected. The assignment was not worth points.The parent is confused from the notation. How can I help the teacher and parent so the information aligns in the mobile app?

3 Replies
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: PowerSchool Mobile App Does not Match PowerTeacher Pro

The gradebook will display the default points for the category the assignment was placed in, even if the teacher has flagged it Collected. On a lark, I created a category called Collected Only and set the Score Type to Collected Only, which removes the points. The assignment still displays as _/10 in the Mobile App, so this is apparently the expected behavior.

I'd ask your PS Admin to put an Enhancement Request in for you.

Thank you very much. I will submit an enhancement request. 

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hey @wrightc2

Thank you for bringing this to our notice and reaching out for assistance on the PowerSchool Community!

The optimum solution would be to have the school district's PowerSchool Designated Support Contact to meet with the PowerSchool Support team to view the settings on the PowerSchool Mobile app and on PowerTeacher Pro so that both reflect the same data. 

Please do let us know if you have any further queries. 

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!