Notifications not working anymore

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Notifications not working anymore

Im guessing its a problem with the app. Cant be that we all started having problems at the same time and are with different schools.

I'm wondering if prople who dont have the problem, if they have an older version of the app.

It could also be there is something corrupt with the app on our phones. I would assume removing it cleared that but i can say for sure.

Highlighted
Hobbyist

I even went so far as uninstalling the app and not reinstalling for 24 hours because I thought maybe it was the iOS update. But other parents have the same iOS as I do and they are still getting notifications and I'm not.

I'm going to reach out to the school tomorrow to see if anyone else has complained about this issue.

Highlighted
Hobbyist

So here's something that's interesting. I looked at the reviews of the PowerSchool app on iTunes and it seems that since the latest upgrade back in March, people are complaining that grades don't update and they aren't receiving notifications.

The app has 2.2 star review average. Do the PowerSchool techs not read the reviews???

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @efitterman and @mwallace,

It sounds like you are both still having issues with grades synchronizing with your school's PowerSchool. In situations like this, I typically recommend sending an email through your Mobile Device to mobile.support@powerschool.com. The Moible App Support Team can walk you through some of the more advanced troubleshooting steps.

However, it's possible that there is a configuration issue with your school's PowerSchool server. In that instance, I would recommend reaching out to your school's support team for PowerSchool. They may need to see what's happening on your device, and they may also need to set a temporary password on your parent account so that they can replicate the issue. From that point they will be able to reach out directly to our technical support team to create a ticket and troubleshoot the issue from the server side.

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Hobbyist

I already worked with mobile support and was told they couldn't replicate the problem on their side. I would need to contact my school.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So the app syncs the grades but does not send notifications when it gets an update.

Also, would it be a school problem if some other parents do get the notifications? It doesn’t seem to be an all or nothing problem with the patent population at my school. It seems to revolve around new phones or updated apps or a combination of both.
Highlighted
Hobbyist

Something I have noticed is the grades sync on my desktop but when I look at the app, they will not be synced to what is on my desktop, takes a few seconds for the grades to update.

AND I have Background Refresh Apps turned on for PowerSchool so the app should be refreshing on its own.

Highlighted
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Good afternoon all!

Thank you for taking time to provide the details of the errors you have been experiencing through the mobile app. I wanted to touch base and let you know that the absence of push notifications is part of a known issue that some users have experienced. At this time PowerSchool is working to correct that across the board to help ensure all users are able to leverage all of the features that the Mobile app has to offer. While there is not yet a timeline for the next release date for the Mobile app, the next release should fix push notifications for those that do not receive them. Please keep an eye out for release notifications within the App Store and Google Play for that fix!

As a best practice, any issues related to the PowerSchool Mobile app should be reported to your school so that it may be forwarded to their IT department. While we certainly encourage both discussions in the Community and submitting mobile support cases through the 'Help' area of the app, reporting issues with the app to your school will help the school's IT department better report patterns of behavior throughout the district which our Support team can identify and correct much faster moving forward.

Best,

JoshK

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Hobbyist

I did report the issue to the school but they have not been experiencing any issues, nor has anyone else contacted them about not receiving notifications.

The admin changed my login and I will see if that works.

Highlighted
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Good afternoon everyone! 

I wanted to let you all know that version 2.2.0 was released yesterday with the push notification fix for the mobile app. This version should be available for download at this time. Thank you for letting the Community know so it could be addressed and please let us know if you are successful in receiving push notifications after the update!

Best,

JoshK