New Android App V 2.0 for the Parent/Student Portal

Highlighted
Hobbyist

Re: New Android App V 2.0 for the Parent/Student Portal

Thank you soo much crossing fingers

Highlighted
Journeyman

This solution does not work: I'm using Android 9 and followed the instructions to clear cache and storage.

Same error pops up: "Unable to connect to this PowerSchool server for one of the following reasons: PowerSchool is unavailable; mobile services are not enabled; or the server address you entered is incorrect. Contact your school district to resolve the issue."

When I clicked on Details: "Unknown Error <javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:Handshake failed>"

Highlighted
Hobbyist

also what is the issue with apple ?

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@candelaria1I am an Android user, but if I remember correctly it is an issue with not being able to see proper terms.

Community Support Expert

Hi @JeffG9, Thank you for contributing to the PowerSchool Community!

@candelaria1 might be referring to PowerSchool Mobile app (Parent Portal) while the issue you are referring to might be regarding the soon to be deprecated PowerTeacher App.

You can find the link to the discussion about the PowerTeacher iOS App below.

PowerTeacher v2.0 iPad App

Hope this helps to clarify things

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Hobbyist

@JeffG9 @CindyM8 @BishalG I just wanted to update

so we finally figured out it was out load balancer verison was out to date and was not compatible with the new Andriod verison of PS parent/student app. We are literaly taking the load balancer aprt little by little to make the update.

hope this helps

thank you to everyone that helpded

Highlighted
Journeyman

We are having the same issues described.  All Android app users are having difficulty logging in after updating to the latest version 2.0 of the Android app.  I currently have a support case open with Powerschool but have gotten no where with them, as of yet.  What our users are seeing is that immediately after enterring the district code, the app throws an unhandled exception error.  The problem is widespread and seems to be any of our users that have updated the app are experiencing the same issue.  We are self hosted so I'm wonderring if that has something to do with the problem.  We have tried clearing cache and storage for the app on the mobile devices and have tried uninstalling/reinstalling with no change in the error.  From the current comments on the Google Play store, it seems like several other districts are having this same issue.  I'm attaching a screenshot of the error that we are receiving from the app along with the log files.  

Just wonderring how many other folks are seeing this and whether or not you are self hosted or in the cloud?

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @RaymondL1, Thank you for posting your concern on PowerSchool Community!

This is a known issue and our team is already working towards a resolution.

In the meantime, I'll suggest that your district's Designated Support Contact reach out to PowerSchool Mobile support and our support team should be able to help them resolve the error that they are facing while trying to log in to the app.

Thank you for your patience as we work through this and we apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused.

Bishal G.
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here at my school district: parents with Android cannot login due to handshake issue.

It was working fine on previous version thou

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @SolangeS, Thank you for posting your concern on PowerSchool Community!

This is a known issue and our team is already working towards a resolution.

In the meantime, we recommend that your district's administrator reaches out to PowerSchool Mobile support to request assistance regarding access issues on the mobile app and our support team should be able to help them with a resolution.

Hope this helps!

Bishal G.