Mobile app not working

Highlighted
Rookie

Mobile app not working

I havent been able to launch the mobile app for about a week now. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it will not let me log in. now it says: "Unable to connect to this PS server for one of the following reasons: PS is unavailable, mobile services are not enabled or server address you entered is incorrect. Contact school district to resolve or contact PS mobile tech support. I thought I would reach out to you first since they have not been able to assist in the past." They created a case 04885616 but noone every responded. I am able to view and log in okay on laptop.

10 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Mobile app not working

Hi @tysweetpea

I am sorry you were unable to login to the mobile app. The login credentials to the app are case-sensitive. I recommend ensuring that you are entering your login credentials correctly. 

If you are still unable to login to the mobile app, I recommend reaching out to the school district who should be able to take a deeper look into your setup and further assist you in logging in to the app. 

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Highlighted
Rookie

No resolution with district...this was also on the comments of the powerschool app from other customers have the same issue with no fix!  Samsung users should be able to utilize this app too. District has no idea what the problem is.

Adam Henke
December 10, 2019
After the latest update the app no longer works on my Samsung phone. It used to work great. Now it will not even open. I enter the school district code and I get the following error: Unable to connect to this PowerSchool Server for one of the following reasons: PowerSchool is unavailable, mobile services are not enabled or the server address you entered is incorrect. Contact your school district to resolve the issue. I contacted my district and they said everything is set up and they contacted you guys and said it should work. IT DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE!!!! It works on my wife's iPone but not on my android. So I know it is not an account issue. PLEASE HELP!!!! 12/10/19 Same issue as above and nothing has been fixed.

PowerSchool Group LLCOctober 24, 2019
Hi, Adam! Thanks for reaching out about this and I apologize for the trouble you are having. Our Mobile Support team is actively working with your school to resolve this issue and we hope to have you back into the app as soon as we can.
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @tysweetpea,

Multiple reasons can lead to the PowerSchool Mobile app to display the "Unable to connect to this PS server..." error message.  The most common of which would be that the school district's Student Information System server is either facing downtime or Mobile services is disabled or offline on the district's end.

Another reason can be that the district might not have the necessary security certifications made mandatory starting with the PowerSchool Mobile version 2.0 to improve security when transferring data among users, their districts and our portals.

Since every district has a different setup, the PowerSchool Mobile Support team will have to take a closer look at your district's PowerSchool set up to determine the root cause of the issue.  I recommend reaching out to the district to covey the difficulty that you are facing and request them to create a case with the PowerSchool support team on your behalf, this will help the team to gather necessary information from the district and work towards a solution.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Rookie

It appears there are multiple users that are experiencing this issue if you have a Samsung phone. This was one of the comments of the powerschool app from another customer and this is my issue too. The district repr also has an iphone and it works and updates properly. Please provide an ETA of when research and resolution will take place?

Thank you!
Renee

Adam Henke
December 10, 2019
After the latest update the app no longer works on my Samsung phone. It used to work great. Now it will not even open. I enter the school district code and I get the following error: Unable to connect to this PowerSchool Server for one of the following reasons: PowerSchool is unavailable, mobile services are not enabled or the server address you entered is incorrect. Contact your school district to resolve the issue. I contacted my district and they said everything is set up and they contacted you guys and said it should work. IT DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE!!!! It works on my wife's iPone but not on my android. So I know it is not an account issue. PLEASE HELP!!!! 12/10/19 Same issue as above and nothing has been fixed.
Response:
PowerSchool Group LLCOctober 24, 2019
Hi, Adam! Thanks for reaching out about this and I apologize for the trouble you are having. Our Mobile Support team is actively working with your school to resolve this issue and we hope to have you back into the app as soon as we can.
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @tysweetpea,

Thank you for providing the information, It helps us troubleshoot further.

If the issue is not faced by iPhone users of the district, the issue is likely related to the district's unavailability of updated security certification on their PowerSchool server.   The SSL security certification was made mandatory for the PowerSchool Mobile Android app to function and communicate with the district's server.

Please reach out to the PowerSchool Mobile Support team to share your district's information and any logs that may be necessary, the support team will work alongside your district to provide a solution.

Bishal G.
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Rookie

I did reply to their email with my case with this information and they are not responding. I have better and faster response here.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @tysweetpea,

I have conveyed the difficulty that you are facing to the PowerSchool Mobile Support team, they should be reaching out to you via your case to gather more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Bishal G.
Highlighted
Rookie

Thank you Bishal! I will keep you updated of when it has been resolved.I appreciate the follow through.

Highlighted
Rookie

Still waiting for an email follow up.