Issues with Mobile App

rainfire
Padawan

Issues with Mobile App

So I got a new phone and had to redownload the app.  When I go into the app, I of course need to register and start from scratch.  The 1st thing it ask me to do is provide the 4 digit district code, but it keeps giving me an error message and will not allow me to move forward.  I have spoken with the school and they have no idea what it means or why it is saying that.  

Error Message 

Connection is Not Secure

The connection to this district may not be secure.  Your information (username, password, student data) could be viewed by others.  Contact your district to resolve the issue.  

3 Replies
NinaRi
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hello @rainfire,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  The PowerSchool mobile app is managed by your school district. Due to security reasons, PowerSchool is not able to view your account settings.  In this case, we suggest reaching out to the Technical Contact(s) at your school for further assistance. If they are still unsure of how to resolve the issue, you can work with them so they can submit a ticket to the PowerSchool Support Team for further investigation.  Thank you!

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.
rainfire
Padawan

Sorry this answer didn't seem to address anything.  

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @rainfire,

Various reasons can lead to the PowerSchool Mobile app displaying this error message. The most common of which would be that the school district's Student Information System server is either facing downtime or Mobile services is disabled or offline on the district's end.

Also, the district might not have the necessary security certifications made mandatory starting with the PowerSchool Mobile version 2.0 to improve security when transferring data among users, their districts, and our portals.

Since every district has a different setup, the PowerSchool Mobile Support team will have to take a closer look at your district's PowerSchool setup to determine the root cause of the issue. This is why we recommend reaching out to the district to share more details about the issue that you are facing and request them to create a case with the PowerSchool support team on your behalf. This will help us to troubleshoot the issue further.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!