IOS Mobile App not allowing to finish logging in

Highlighted
Journeyman

IOS Mobile App not allowing to finish logging in

I had reports from Parents, Teachers, and Students today not being able to log into their PowerSchool app on iPhones and iPads. It is claiming that it is not secure. Trying it out on my own student, it was working until I logged out to troubleshoot why they could not log in. I then downloaded the app from the Google Play Store for Android phone and it went right through and showed me, my student. Anyone know of a workaround or was it an update that changed things for IOS?

Additional steps taken. uninstalled app and re-installed. 

Version 2.9.1(3)

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: IOS Mobile App not allowing to finish logging in

Hi! @bhardcastle 

Thank you for reaching out to the PowerSchool Community for assistance!

To troubleshoot and assist you further, would you please confirm are students, teachers, and parents receiving an error message while signing into the IOS mobile app?

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, the students, teachers, and parents are all having trouble with the Apple app. I was digging around this morning looking at things some more and found out the app for IOS had an update about 3 days ago. The trouble is with our server so I will be able to apply a fix to it tonight to correct the issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

So just as a follow-up. I was able to determine that first of all our server did not have the correct SSL criteria. I fixed that but the problem persisted. After digging around in PowerSchool some more, I found a setting in Start Page  > System Administrator  > System Settings  > Edit Global Server Settings to use Secure Server SSL. Enabling that fixed it.

Thanks all!

Highlighted
Padawan

You can first try to force restart or force quit the app, then see if the problem still exists. If they fail, then it could be the iOS system glitches. In this way, you are suggested to use professional iOS System Repair tools such as TunesKit iOS System Recovery to get rid of it. Hope your problem gets solved.