How To Add A Second Student to PowerSchool Mobile

mlsspraul
Journeyman

How To Add A Second Student to PowerSchool Mobile

How do I add a second student on the app?

5 Replies
Community Moderator ScottS
Community Moderator

Re: How To Add A Second Student to PowerSchool Mobile

Hi @mlsspraul

Thank you for posting in the PowerSchool Community!

This question appears to be related to PowerSchool Mobile. In order to better address your question, this thread has been moved under the PowerSchool Learning category to encourage other users to participate. I've also adjusted the subject of the post to better identify your post as it relates to PowerSchool Mobile.

It's not currently possible to add a student directly through the PowerSchool Mobile app. However, if your PowerSchool district is configured to allow you to add students, you may do so via your school's PowerSchool public portal via a web browser.

Note: Your district may have disabled the following setup screen. If so, please contact your school administrator directly.

1. Once you sign in to the web portal, you should be able to see the Account Preferences on the left menu. Click on it.
2. Under Account Preferences, click on the Students tab. 
3. Now click on the Add + button and follow the additional steps.

Once you have added the new student to your account, you will need to sign out of the mobile app and sign in again. If you aren’t seeing a change immediately swipe down on the screen. This will refresh your student data and allows you to sync all data with PowerSchool.

After the sync has been completed a white arrow should appear to the right of the child’s name. Tapping that will open a drop down box, allowing you to select the student by name.

Note: If you are adding additional students and the other student is in a different district, or a different PowerSchool server, you will need to log out and enter the district code for the other district, then sign in with your user information for the other district.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to let us know. If you run into any technical issues, you can create a case directly with our Mobile Support Team by sending an email to mobile.support@powerschool.com.

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
mlsspraul
Journeyman

Thank you for your help, Scott. Part of my issue is that my two kids go to two different schools.
Highlighted
TimothyG
Hobbyist

Hello,  thank you for that followup information. I understand that you have two students at two different schools. If the students belong to the same district, you should be able to follow the steps provided by Scott with no issue. If however, the students belong to two different districts that have distinct instances of PowerSchool, you will need to log out and enter in the district code and credentials for the second student in order to view the student's record. Unfortunately, at this time, there is no way to be logged into both districts. If you need to obtain the second district code, please reach out to the school your second student goes to and they should be able to provide it for you. 

-Timothy Gates

PowerSchool Community Moderator

abbl5449

I added a second student via the normal website. But they still don't show up on the mobile app?
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Hi @abbl5449!

Thank you for your post. If you have successfully added a second student via the web portal but they are not showing up in the mobile app, it may not have synced over. It may take additional time before those changes reflect. One option if the changes are not coming over is to uninstall and reinstall the app to make sure it is updated to the latest version. If the student is not showing up at that time, I would recommend reaching out to your child's school to let them know about the issue so they can submit a support case on your behalf.

I hope this helps, and please let us know if any those steps are successful!

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!