Email showing grades from the end of January

tdhawk
Recruit

Email showing grades from the end of January

I've got three kids in this app. The mobile works fine and shows updated information for all three. The email notifications for my son, while up-to-date on the mobile app, are stuck in January. I keep receiving the same daily email showing grades from the end of January. Again, everything is current on the mobile app. 

Todd Hawkins

5 Replies
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

HI! @tdhawk 

To assist you further, would you please confirm are you experiencing this issue for all three kids or just one kid?

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
tdhawk
Recruit

Just one, and ONLY on the email digest. All three show current on the mobile app, that's how I figured out there was a problem.

He's in a different school than his sisters, so not sure if that makes a difference. I can't figure out why all three would be up-to-date on the app but one isn't on the daily emails, which have been stuck showing the end of January.

MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @tdhawk 

Notifications depend on the app's notification settings and the school's settings.  We recommend enabling the email notifications in the mobile app.  If the settings are correct in the app, we recommend reaching out to your son's school/district who should be able to assist you further.

Muskan Sehar

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
tdhawk
Recruit

I did reach out to the school, no response. You also are not following the technical problem. ONLY my son's email notifications for his daily grades (Progress Report) seems to be frozen in time back to January. Everything on the mobile and desktop apps shows correctly. I'm an advanced computer user so I understand completely how notifications are enabled. What baffles me is how ONE auto-email seems stuck and not updating daily like the same notifications for my other two children.

By the way, this is among the single worst support forums I've ever experienced in any service. 

MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @tdhawk 

Thank you for providing this information  I apologize our previous responses did not help in providing a resolution. 

The common reason parents will receive an email with past grades instead of the current student grades is due to the school year term set at the admin level for that school or district.

In accordance with the federal law and our data security policy, we are unable to access student data within the district's system without permission from one of the district’s Administrators.  Since you have shared that you reached out to the school and are still experiencing this issue, we are happy to connect with an Administrator on your behalf to continue troubleshooting.

In order to protect the privacy of your student, we have reached out in an email requesting further information to help us determine the location of your child’s school.

Thank you for your patience as we work together to find the best solution.

Muskan Sehar

Community Moderator