Edit left navigation links in powerschool home page

Powerschool3040
Padawan

Edit left navigation links in powerschool home page

Hi,

I need to edit the left navigation links in the main page. I tried navigating to home.html page but no luck.

Any solutions?

11 Replies
HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@Powerschool3040  That information is located in the more2.html

Heather Weist, MEd
PowerSchool - SIS Administrator, Commonwealth Charter Academy

PowerSchool Mentor/Champion

PowerSchool Mentor of the Year 2021 Winner

PowerSchool Beta Tester of the Year 2022 Winner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
Powerschool3040
Padawan

@HeatherWeist  I understand that more2.html file contains the navigation links of student page. I need to remove the links in the home page. Can you please advise?

Powerschool3040
Padawan

@HeatherWeist  Thanks your message.

I wish to disable or remove the "Enroll student" link. Can you please help with the exact location in the more2.html file?

HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@Powerschool3040  Can you provide a screenshot of what you are looking at?

Thanks!

Heather Weist, MEd

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

alizardo
Apprentice

How about the Parent portal left navigation menu?

HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@alizardo  That is done on the guardian_header.txt wildcard. 

Please make sure you know what you are doing before making any changes to PS pages. Customizations are not support by PS Tech Support, unless they do the customization. I always do customizations in a "testing" environment before putting them on my production SIS. 

Heather Weist, MEd

wallaces
Hobbyist

@HeatherWeist 

Good morning Heather. Unfortunately I do not have a test server, however research everything thoroughly prior to making any changes. I would like to hid the 'Parents' page from the left hand navigation. If I am understanding things correctly this is done from more2.html, is this correct? Is there any other location that I would need to modify to accomplish this?

Thank you for your assistance.

HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@wallaces The parent page in the admin side of PS can actually be controlled at the Group Security level. You just need to go to System Setup > System Administrator > Security > Groups > Pick a Group > Uncheck the Parent box > Submit

Repeat for every security group. 

Otherwise, you can do the customization on the more2.html.

Heather Weist, MEd

wallaces
Hobbyist

I like your idea better, I was way over complicating things. Thank you so much!!! 

Mykal
Apprentice

I will like to hide the Parentprefs link from the left nav menu

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Mykal 

Hiding the Parentprefs link from the left nav menu is possible by Customizations. We recommend contacting the Technical Contact of your district who should be able to assist you with the cost associated with this service as well as submit this request by filling up a form.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!