Why can't we update the "School email" field?

ScottHill
Rookie

Why can't we update the "School email" field?

I see that in a previous support ticket on this issue, it says "...an Admin will need to get involved to resolve the two email addresses.".  How do we get an Admin to update the "school email" field to match the "primary email"? I submitted a ticket on this, Case # 04658904 , but have not heard back.

9 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I'm not sure what product/platform you are using, or what exactly you are referring to, but if you are trying to Import/Export out of the Student Emaiil field it can only be done through Data Export/Import Manager.

How do we get/use the Data Export/Import Manager?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

The DEM is on the Admin side of PowerSchool at System>Page and Data Management>Data Export (or Import) Manager. Explaining how to use it is a bit beyond the scope of a forum post.

So the forum can't supply complete information because of some "scope", and after digging through my notes on how to do a partial import to fix something we should have access to, I've discovered that the import process *also* fails to update the "school email" field. I don't want to delete the account and recreate it, because now there are things associated with the account.

Is there any way we can just get some straightforward assistance with cleaning up one little bit of information?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I do not work for PowerSchool, nor do I work for this website. I am simply attempting to assist you. You have not described what platform you are working in, what type of user you are, what you are attempting to import or how you are attempting to import it. There is also no "school email" field in PowerSchool as no PowerSchool fields have spaces in them. If you are more clear in articulating your needs, you will most likely obtain a better outcome.

Yeah, it's all just my unclear articulation. Sorry about that. My bad. 😞

Thanks for the help.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

If you are trying to use Data Import Manager to import values into the Student Email page, you will need a tab-delimited text (.txt) file with the Student_number and emails populated. Navigate to Data Import Manager, select your txt file and Student Email from the drop-down. Make sure your fields are mapped properly and import.

Hey Jeff, 

Thanks for your responses even when person was super unappreciative. It helped me out. You are way more patient than I would have been!

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

You're welcome, @spidey24 . I taught High School for 13 years--learned me some patience!