Sections are linked to imported rosters, if you hover over, you get the bubble showing the correct roster it is linked to. All teachers did this at the beginning of school. Well since then, there have been plenty of schedule changes and the initially imported rosters are not updating in the sections they are linked to. The inactive roster has the correct students in it, but the section of the course that is linked to that roster...never updates. Sync with source does not correct the issue. The only fix is to unlink and reimport the roster. This defeats the purpose of linking in the first place and is becoming a headache. This has PS stumped at the moment, any idea folks?
Thank you for reaching out in the Community!
We have received reports of classes not successfully syncing between PowerSchool SIS and Learning. We're working hard to investigate this issue and get a resolution in place as quickly as possible. I recommend reaching out to the PowerSchool Learning Support Team to request an update on the resolution on an existing case or create a new case to report this issue. This will allow the PowerSchool Support Team and PowerSchool Developers to review the number of users that are affected by this issue. The PowerSchool Support Team works closely with our developers and will be able to provide any additional information to our developers to aid in the quick resolution.
We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing and appreciate your patience as we work through the issue.
It syncs to the lms, it just doesn't update up to the linked roster. I can see the correct rosters in the lms from the inactive imported class, but the section its linked to won't update
@MDeFore We are experiencing the same issue. Have you noticed any patterns? This appears to mostly affect our High School students though that could just be a result of more movement in the HS than any other division this time of year.
We also noticed that students are accurately *removed* from the old roster and added to the new roster, but the never show up in the linked class. Do you have the same problem?
We have the exact same problem. This is the busiest time of the year wrt schedule changes so having to manually add/relink import sections again to affected rosters is a serious pain not to mention full of potential errors.
The real question is: The feature when we try to import and link clearly says that is what it is supposed to do. So why doesnt that work? Is it a buffering issue? Lack of access to the right tables? Sync seems OK so why not push the records to the connected link rosters too?
From a developer's perspective I want to know more about this.
I haven't heard anything back from tech support. I did ask them that they not close my case until the issue is fixed. Been crickets since I opened the case....
We encountered this same bug last year. The PSL support folks said that a patch was being deployed to deal with it.
After the intial rush of changes in August, it didn't appear to be a problem any more. I assumed the patch solved the issue.
This school year we have exactly the same issue. I opened a ticket again and the support staff told me there was a patch in the works. They also asked if there was any pattern that we noticed in our students. I've started collecting information and sharing it with them with hopes they can find the issue and patch it.
Right now we're doing the unlink/link dance to deal with this issue.
Our powerschool SIS administrator mentioined that some of the PowerSchool modules that we are using such as the Special Education module need to be regularly updated on self-hosted instances.
We currently have the PowerSchool Learning plugin version 1.0.23. Could this have anything to do with this issue?
That shouldn't have anything to do with it. The imported rosters are updating fine from a selfhosted sis over to the lms....but the imported rosters are not updating to the synced/linked sections. Something is broke on the lms side.
I agree. This should have nothing to do with it, but as it's been an outstanding bug for several years, I thought I'd throw out some theories.
We are self hosted and the rosters look great. Classes with linked rosters and dropped students show up just fine, but classes with linked rosters and added students don't appear to be working all of the time.
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding the syncing of linked classes in PowerSchool Learning!
This is a known issue we are currently working to resolve. I recommend reaching out to the PowerSchool Learning Support Team to request an update on the resolution on an existing case or create a new case to report this issue. This will allow the PowerSchool Support Team and PowerSchool Developers to review the number of users that are affected by this issue. The PowerSchool Support Team works closely with our developers and will be able to provide any additional information to our developers to aid in the quick resolution.