PS Questions

RACHELC13
Journeyman

PS Questions

Do I need to install the engine every year?

Last year when I did course rank- I had to rank students, and I don't see where to do this- I even have it in my notes but it doesn't show me this. Help? This is my second year and doing this all on  my own.

8 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@RACHELC13 

Course Rank is something you need to do in PowerScheduler for a build and ranking students is done via Class Rank on the Live side. The two have nothing to do with one another. Class Rank is very district-specific (at least in NY), but the general way to get there in PowerSchool is Setup>School>Class Rank. There you can check the class rank methods and manually recalculate it if you need to.

I'm not talking about class rank according to GPAs - I'm talking about setting up the rank for students - I remember and have it in my notes to set up in the order of who I want to rank and by 10s - seniors 10, juniors 20, sophomores 30, etc. Where do I do that? 

Also, do I have to download the engine every year? And if I downloaded it on my laptop do I have to download it on my desktop as well?

Thank you!! Still fairly new to this.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@RACHELC13 

Ah, you are asking about "Priority." In PowerScheduler, go to Functions>Auto-Fill Student Info. You can look at the screenshot to see a very typical setup in a HS.

You usually do not have to re-download the engine if you already have it. If you'd like to run Builds on your desktop, yes, you will need to install the engine.

Thank you. But can you back up a bit? I don't see Functions - Auto Fill Student Info. Where is this in Scheduler please? I only see functions under students - but I don't see Auto Fill Student Info under Functions. Where is functions?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@RACHELC13 

Sounds like you are on the Live side. I am referring to PowerScheduler.

Yes I am too. I'm in PowerScheduler but I don't see the buttons you're referring to.

Someone else also replied to an email that said you go to Scheduling Setup and Priority and I don't see Priority either under Scheduling Setup.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@RACHELC13 

See the attached screenshots. The Scheduling Setup student page is on the Live Side. In PowerScheduler, "Priority" is on the Preference tab.

Found it!

Thank you so much for your help and patience!