Guardian Gender

colleenamckinney

Guardian Gender

I have several students living with guardians/other relatives. These guardians sometime have names in which I cannot determine gender. I want to send messages to the guardians, but I'm not sure which salutation to use (Ms./Mr.). Is there a way to see this or add this information? I use TAC. 

5 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @colleenamckinney 

Would you please confirm which PowerSchool Product are you referring to here?

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

colleenamckinney

I use the Teacher Access Center powered by PowerSchool. 

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @colleenamckinney

eSchoolPlus currently does not track the Guardians' Genders in TAC. You may be able to figure it out with the Contact Type:  F - Father,  M - Mother, etc, however, we recommend just using the names of the guardian you have without a gender-specific title.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

colleenamckinney

How do I request for this feature to be added? 

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @colleenamckinney

You can share this idea as an Enhancement Request on  PowerSchool Ideas Portal so that the product team can take a look at this or vote up on an existing one. This article should walk you through how to raise an Enhancement Request. 

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator