Grade and credit being stored in Y1 for student that withdrew from class

lbyron15
Journeyman

Grade and credit being stored in Y1 for student that withdrew from class

I am reviewing grades for students that withdrew from classes during the year. Some of these students had the calculations for gpa, honor roll, class rank, graduation and transcript excluded when they withdrew.  After storing grades at the end of the year, they now have a Y1 grade, possible credit earned and all calculations included.  Is there a change that needs to be done in gradebook pro?  How do I withdraw a student so this doesn't automatically happen?

Any thoughts appreciated!

1 Solution
SAFFIYAT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @lbyron15

Yes, you would need to use the second option of excluding students who dropped the class and enter the day before the last day of school.

Saffiya Tasneem
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

When storing grades you can store based on specific dates to avoid storing students who left or transferred to a different class:

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 11.44.03 AM.png

If you need to remove these grades you can do so in DDA if you have access and are comfortable doing so. I would not do this if you are unfamiliar with the process.

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

lbyron15
Journeyman

Thank you Doug for your reply.  I do check the 3rd option of active students using the last day of school, but I wonder if I should use the second option of excluding students who dropped class and enter the day before the last day of school.  

SAFFIYAT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @lbyron15

Yes, you would need to use the second option of excluding students who dropped the class and enter the day before the last day of school.

Saffiya Tasneem
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!