Attendance Count

dlocampo
Padawan

Attendance Count

Does PowerSchool have a function to show attendance count after I have entered students who are absent? I want to make a quick count to ensure I had entered the attendance correctly. Example, if the class has 30 students enrolled, five are marked as absent, PowerSchool should be able to show me a count of 25 being present in the class.

Also, is there an automated attendance fill-in for all classes?  If a student is absent in 1st period, is there a way to automatically fill-in absent for subsequent class for the rest of the day?

It seems PowerSchool should have the capacity to do these simple tasks.

1 Reply
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @dlocampo,

Thank you for reaching out to PowerSchool Community!

Currently, we do not have a feature that shows only the count of absence/present or an automated attendance fill-in for all classes that built within PowerSchool.  However, this is a great enhancement request to add through the PowerSchool Ideas Portal, where users can submit their ideas directly to the Product team. It also allows you to review the idea for status updates as well as share the idea with other users to support it by voting.

To learn more about the Ideas Portal, we recommend reviewing the article on PowerSchool Ideas Portal FAQs

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!