Student Attendance for Merged Classes

Journeyman

Student Attendance for Merged Classes

I have individual classes for each section, which were imported by the district. Students are being instructed to log in for attendance purposes to each class section.

I was hoping to merge all of these student rosters into one single master class in order to streamline content uploads. Otherwise, I'm copying assignments over to 6 sections individually.

However, I'm concerned that if I only have students log in to the master class, their attendance won't be taken. Would they need to also log in to the original imported class in order for this to happen?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Student Attendance for Merged Classes

Hi,

When a master class is accessed, student attendance analytics can be recorded for the master class and not the originally merged classes.  Students will have to log in to the originally imported classes for their attendance to be reflected in those classes.

For help with setting up a master class, please feel free to review our knowledge base article Roster Scenario 3: Creating a Master Class for Imported Roster Sections (& Linking Roster Sections).

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!