school choice (COE) application error with kindergarten and age

Evilfairy84
Padawan

school choice (COE) application error with kindergarten and age

I just sent in application for my daughter going into 5th grade next year without any issues, but for my daughter going into kindergarten, the form I think is saying she does not make the DOB cut-off. My daughter is already 5 but it won't go through. Does anyone have a solution? Should I just call the school board??

6 Replies
ElstonS
Senior

Hey @Evilfairy84

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. We are working with the Enrollment Support team to fix the error within the registration form and will reach out to you with an update at the earliest. 

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

creagan01
Recruit

I am also having an trouble submitting my Kinderarden application.  I have checked it multiple times and am continuing to get an error that i have a missing required field.  It will not let me submit the application. Is this a known issue? 

ElstonS
Senior

Hi @creagan01

I am sorry you are unable to submit the registration form to your school district. Some of the common reasons an enrollment form cannot be submitted are if the fields on the form are missing required information such as the student's residency attestation details, the priority of contacts set up within the form. 

I have attached some articles here that will walk you through the process of submitting your form and assist you with setting up the priority of contacts within the form. I recommend reviewing the articles through the direct links provided below: 

I Can’t Submit my Form / It Says I’m Missing Required Fields 

Setting the priority of contacts within an enrollment form 

Our Enrollment forms work best on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox Internet browsers. If you are still unable to submit the enrollment form, I recommend reaching out to the Enrollment section of the school district who should be able to assist you with submitting the Kindergarten application. 

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

pamela18
Padawan

Did someone get back to you on this?  Were you able to submit the registration?  I am having the same issue.

Thanks,

ejaume
Apprentice

Hi,

Not yet, waiting.  I will let you know when they do.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

@pamela18@ejaume Please ensure that you are filling the registration form for the correct school year when your child meets the age eligibility requirement of being over 5 years as per the school criteria. If not then you will receive an error ''Your child must be 5 years old by mm/dd/yyyy to enroll in school_name''.

If you are filling the registration form for the correct school year and still receiving this error then I recommend reaching out to the school district’s registration department for further assistance.

Please let me know if this helps.

ParitoshT
Community Moderator