Will not let me change school on returning student

Highlighted

Will not let me change school on returning student

While trying to register a returning student it will not allow me to change the school they will be attending. This student will be attending a different highschool in the county school system, however it won't let me change it to that highschool. It is listed as a different highschool in the county.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran

Re: Will not let me change school on returning student

Hi @hbrown,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community!  I understand you are not able to change the school your student will attend when completing the registration forms.  I recommend reaching out to the District Administration Office and request to speak to the PowerSchool Administrator since the field is pre-populated, which are typically read-only.  If you have any further questions, please let me know and I will be happy to help!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: Will not let me change school on returning student

If you are in the gray time between the end of one year and rollover, I don't think you can do this.

However, after rollover,

1. From School A: withdraw the student from School A, then do Functions --> Transfer to another school and choose School B. 

2. From School B, look up the student with /Last_Name, click on the student from the list, then do Functions --> Reenroll in school.

Every year we have a handful of pre-enrolled kiddos that have to wait until after rollover.

Hope this helps,

Jeannie

Hope this helps!
Jeannie

Jeannie White
Edkey, Inc. - The Sequoia Family of Schools, Arizona, USA
10 LEAs (Subdistricts) -- ~6000 students
Hosted by PowerSchool
AOI and Meeting Attendance

I am not a PowerSchool Employee