Trying to create account and getting error popup "Access ID required, Password Required.."

ctatman
Trainee

Trying to create account and getting error popup "Access ID required, Password Required.."

Hello,

I have and Access ID and a Password for my child provided by the school. However, when I go to the powerschool link to create my account, and I provide ALL the requested information, I still get the popup error below.

Link I go to:

https://wcpss.powerschool.com/public/

Popup error when I attempt to create my login and link to my child:

image.png

3 Replies
BishalG
Ninja

Hi @ctatman,

Please make sure that you are using the correct access ID and Password for your student while adding them to your Parent Portal account and selecting the correct option from the relationship to student drop-down.

If you continue to face difficulty while creating your Parent Portal account, we recommend reaching out to the school or district.  Only the school or district has access to Parent Portal related information.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
ctatman
Trainee

Thank you Bishal. I have requested further assistance from my school. However, I am using the AccessID and Password that they supplied.

Just curious, does PowerSchool access require MS Windows+IE in order to work correctly? I have an Android Phone, Linux, and Chromebooks in the house - no Windows platforms. If Windows is required, then that might be a problem for me.

Thanks!

MuskanS
Prodigy

Hi! @ctatman 

This is a great question!

You should be able to access PowerSchool Parent Portal on a Non-Windows platform.  The forms are optimized for all mobile devices and the best user experience may be had from a laptop or desktop computer.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator