TK Registration Birth Date Discrepancy

BriganK

TK Registration Birth Date Discrepancy

When trying to register for TK I enter my daughters birth date (10-18-15) and when I select TK I get this error message:

This student's birthdate does not meet the requirements for school admittance. Given the birthdate of your student, you will not be able to submit this form. Please contact the school for further information.  

Students must be 5 years old on or before 1/31/2021 to be eligible for TK. Priority enrollment will be given to students who turn 5 on or before 12/2/2020.

She will be 5 before both of the above dates so I do not understand why I am getting this error.  Please help.

5 Replies
ElstonS
Senior

Hey @BriganK,

I am sorry you are facing issues getting your child enrolled in TK. This could be due to an error in the registration form. I suggest reviewing the Enrollment form to ensure you are entering your child's birth date in the format prescribed within the Enrollment form. 

If you have confirmed the birthdate is being entered correctly in the Enrollment form, I recommend reaching out to the Enrollment section of the school district to report this error message. The school district should be able to look into the date that is required to enroll in TK. If the required date was set up incorrectly, the school district should be able to have the form updated to accept students that will be five years or old before 12/2/2020.

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

parent23

Hi Elston,

I am facing the same issue with my son's birthdate of 09/02/2018, this gives me an error For TK, date of birth must be between 9/02/2018 – 04/02/2019. However if I change the date to 09/03/2018 this works. So the date format is correct. 

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @parent23 

We recommend reaching out to your school/district who should be able to update the form for you and assist with the further process of registration.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Lluvicel
Padawan

Hi @parent23
Were you able to solve this issue?
parent23

Yes. I spoke to the district directly and was told to input 9/3. From there the district will update their backend.