Registering new child for kindergarten

tellsplatte
Trainee

Registering new child for kindergarten

Hello. Trying to register a new child turning 5 in May. Which school year do I register? 2020-21 or 2021-22? And when is the class start date? My first time registering a child for kindergarten. Please advise. I couldn't get through via phone.

8 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@tellsplatteThis site is not support for any specific building or district. You would be better served dealing with the district you are working with directly.

Interesting. I was led to believe this PowerSchool website was for questions like this. I was mislead.

tellsplatte
Trainee

As you can see (from Wake County Schools, Raleigh, NC registration page):

tellsplatte_0-1617037392622.png

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi @tellsplatte 

That's....odd of them to do that.

Yeah... I've been trying to get this VERY simple question answered for the past 4 hours. Nobody in the admin area seems to be on site working. Finally got an email. Poor online process for brand new students. All they have to do is put details of what 2020-21 means in terms of which months are covered and what new students should choose (vs transferring students). Simple details.

tellsplatte
Trainee

This "magnet" school gets a C- grade for new student enrollment (kindergarten).

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

While @JeffG9 is correct that a school or district should be the one directing you on which form to complete, if you are enrolling your student for the upcoming school year (21-22) then you'll want to complete the 21-22 enrollment form.  Again, I do recommend connecting with the school for confirmation.

This site is used for general questions that you have accessing and completing the form such as logging into your Enrollment and/or parent portal account, where to go to find certain information, the format that data should be entered, and any error messages you are receiving such as no school is found in the area in which your address is located.

All of this type of information can be found in the Enrollment Family Support Knowledge Base.

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

After discussing this with our Enrollment Support teams, I discovered that schools will leave the current school year enrollment form available for students that are going to join the current school year such as students that move to the area from another school district in the middle of the year.