Parent portal

NekitaGill36
Journeyman

Parent portal

Can I set up my child parent portal through power school? I'm unsuccessful doing it through the link that was sent to me.
6 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @NekitaGill36 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community for assistance.

Would you please confirm if you want to enroll your child in the school/district or are you trying to create a PowerSchool SIS Parent Portal account to view their grades, progress, etc.?

If you are asking about setting up an account to view your student's grades etc., I recommend reviewing the following articles:

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

NekitaGill36
Journeyman

Thank you for responding.
I'm actually trying to set up the parent portal so I can have access to their grades etc. As you stated in the last part of your response
garayclaudia
Hobbyist

Hi @JyotishkaB 

Can a parent have access to my school's parent portal if she currently is still using powerschool parent portal with a different school, in a different country? 

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @garayclaudia

Parents need to create a new parent portal account if they want to register their children for a different district or different country using PowerSchool. As long as it is a different parent portal account, the parent can use the same email address to log into both accounts. This is because the links to the two accounts are different.

If they use the PowerSchool Mobile app, they will have to get the district codes for both districts and switch between them to access the different accounts.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Tara-AnnY
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi @JyotishkaB 

We are newer to PowerSchool and have a number of students that are coming in from other districts where parents already have Parent Portals. Based on  your response above, I just wanted to clarify that as long as the parent creates a different username from their first portal account they can use the same email address when creating a parent portal with our district?

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Tara-AnnY 

Yes, since the links provided by the districts for the parent accounts are different, they should be able to use the same email address for creating their parent portal accounts.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator