How to register a first time student??

sbi1121
Journeyman

How to register a first time student??

I got an email from my son's district saying I need to visit the Parent Portal, with instructions to follow a link.  Supposedly once I follow the link I am able to select my son's name and register him.

However, I follow the link and get 2 options:

- sign in

- create account

I tried to create an account but apparently can't do so without an access ID.  Nowhere in any communication has an access ID been sent to me, nor do I know how to get one.  So what am I supposed to do?

This is severly lacking and not intuitive at all.

8 Replies
jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for reaching out in the PowerSchool Community!

The Access ID is generated and provided by the school district.  If you did not receive an Access ID, I recommend reaching out to your child's school to request your Access ID is provided.

Jernigb
Padawan

How am i supposed to get in touch with the school if no one is there? i've gotten in contact with the Kindergarten teacher that my other child had and all they say is the registration form is online but it is not. they sent me a snap shot of a poster saying to get on this app to register for Kindergarten. I finally get it to work right to give me a district code and now it wants me to log in. I was not given a username or password and the app does not give me an option to create one. Please, tell me what I am supposed to do because i have been basically harrassing this poor teacher for the past 2 months about how to register for Kindergarten. Apparently, NOBODY knows because i did bring to their attention that the form is not on the school website so they said they would fix it but it has been 2 weeks. Also, when is the deadline for Kindergarted registration in Robeson County? Google doesn't know and neither does anyone else that i have been able to contact.

ElstonS
Senior

Hi @Jernigb

I am sorry you are facing difficulties enrolling your child in school. You can register your child using the link to the Enrollment form shared by your school or district.

We at PowerSchool do not have access to parent portal account information. The accounts are managed and handled at the school district's end and are stored on their servers. I recommend reaching out to the Enrollment section of the school district who should be able to assist you with the credentials required to log in. The school's website should contain information on how to contact them. 

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Hmurphy28

What if the school has called and gave you a link, but the link is not available?
Csirving33
Recruit

I need help and no one is available. My school, Yu Ming, says that there are online forms to complete and I do not have access to anything is the sort. Someone from Powerschool, please contact me directly to resolve the issue. Thank you!

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Hmurphy28

Thank you for sharing this information.

We are able to identify the cause of the issue you were facing and have addressed it. Will you please confirm if you can access the registration forms now?

Hi @Csirving33 

Thank you for reaching out for assistance.

Some districts provide direct links to access the registration forms while others use the PowerSchool Parent Portal for the registration process.  The link and access credentials are generated and provided by the school.

I recommend contacting your student's school directly to request the instructions to access your student's enrollment forms.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

TALI7766
Trainee

Hello I'm having a serious problem registering my granddaughter for school. Please HELP!
ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @TALI7766,

Good Day! I'd be happy to look into this issue for you. Can you please let me know if you are receiving any errors while registering your granddaughter? You might want to look into this article to troubleshoot this further. 

Additionally, here are the most frequent questions asked by the Enrollment Family users.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

Kudos encourage participation