Ethnicity - Mixed?????

Highlighted

Ethnicity - Mixed?????

How is it possible that in 2019 there are not more options for ethnicity on the infosnap registration...particulary "mixed'????? In order to complete the online registration I am forced to select one or the other of my child's ethnicities. Upon inquiry I am told that if I'd like, I can change it in person at my son's school. What I'd like is to be able to fill out the registration form ACCURATELY online like everyone else who happens to have children that only identify with a singular ethnicity...SHORT SIGHTED...DISCRIMINATORY...and DISAPPOINTING.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ethnicity - Mixed?????

Thank you for sharing your feedback within the PowerSchool Community!

We are currently reviewing the registration forum and will reach out in this thread tomorrow once we have further information on the ethnicity/race within the registration forms in PowerSchool Enrollment.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Explore becoming a mentor today! Email us at mentors@powerschool.com
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ethnicity - Mixed?????

Thank you for your patience as we look into the creation of registration forms!

After further review of the registration forms, I found that fields within the forms are created/requested by the school district.  PowerSchool assists with the creation of the fields requested by each school district within the forms and houses them forms to allow accessibility by parents.  Since the school district requests the type of fields and answer choices within each form, I recommend reaching out to the school to share your feedback regarding the options within the race and ethnicity fields.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Explore becoming a mentor today! Email us at mentors@powerschool.com