Enrollment forms were submitted...Then what?

MrsDunavan
Journeyman

Enrollment forms were submitted...Then what?

Hi! I am new to this city and to this school district. Last week I submitted enrollment forms for my students.

Now what?

.............the radio silence is irksome. I'd like some guidance or feedback on what the next steps may be. All the admissions folk have done when I asked them the same question was send me a link to their online enrollment forms. That's nice and all, but we're past that.

5 Replies
jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for participating in the PowerSchool Community!

I recommend creating a parent portal and adding your student to the parent portal to view your student's current school year information.  If you have a parent account and not able to view your student's information, I recommend reaching out to the school to request your child's school yar information is provided.  I have linked a thread below that discusses how to create a parent account and how to add your child to your parent account.

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-Mobile-Forum/Teacher/m-p/61374#M1666

MrsDunavan
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply! It's the most information I've received from anyone throughout this process.

So you're telling me that if I want to know where my children are going to school and what their schedules are and all the standard assorted back-to-school information, I will have to download an ap onto my phone and then make profiles? How deep does that rabbit hole go? 

I just want to know what is going on because school starts in two days and we have heard nothing from the district. In other school districts, the enrollment office just tells you this stuff. Why is Seattle school district different? I am extremely frustrated and unimpressed. If I have to wade through this maze every year, I might lose my marbles.

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

I'm glad I was able to provide information about locating your child's school year information!

While you should be able to contact your child's school and request information, the parent portal is a feature that PowerSchool has provided to all school districts within PowerSchool to help parents receive real-time information and notifications.

The parent web portal is a site unique to each school district in which parents can create an account and receive daily updates on a child's schedule, assignments, grades, school announcements, and many more features that allow parents insight to their child's calendar and performance in school.  As an added feature, there is a mobile site that parents can use to access this information associated with their parent web portal so parents do not need to access the site in a browser.  The mobile app also offers real-time notifications.

I have provided links below found in the thread with a similar question that should assist in creating a parent account.  You can also reach out to the school for the information or to assist creating your parent account.

What is the PowerSchool Mobile App and how do I download it?

EXPLANATION OF PAGES WITHIN PARENT IOS APP

How do I log into PowerSchool? How can I find my account information?

How can I find my District Code?

How do I add a student to my parent portal?

I hope this helps!

MrsDunavan
Journeyman

Thank you!

I tried to set up the accounts but apparently my email isn't on file with the school district yet. At this point, I guess I will just have to twiddle my thumbs until they get around to processing our enrollment forms and just not expect my kids to start school on time. 

Does anyone know how many weeks this usually takes? I think I will actually have to take a day off work and go down to the district office and stare at them until they help me because this is absurd.

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

I'm sorry you are experiencing a longer wait time to receive information from the school!

The Enrollment process is handled at the schedule of the school district.  Each school district has a different schedule when completing the Enrollment process.  Because of this, the school district will be the best resource for a date of enrollment completion and assistance accessing your child's 2019-2020 school year information.