Building Home in Jon A Baker Zone

Highlighted

Building Home in Jon A Baker Zone

Hi! Our family is moving from Louisiana to McKinney/Prosper in July. We have a builder contract on a home in the Jon A. Baker Elementary school zone, but it will not be complete until January or February. There are apartments for rent in Prosper ISD, but there are not any within the Jon A. Baker zone.  There are houses for rent in Jon A. Baker, but they will only accept a 12 month lease at minimum, but we only need for 8 or 9 months. Is there any way we can send our daughter to Jon A. Baker for the entire year even if we temporarily have an address out of that elementary school's zone? I just hate for her to have to start two new schools in one year. It's a lot of change already, and I just want to try and provide a smooth transition for her.

1 Reply
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Building Home in Jon A Baker Zone

Thank you for your post in the Community!

I recommend reaching out to Jon A Baker Elementary school to inquire on your child being able to remain in Jon A Baker Elementary school for the entire 2019-2020 school year.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!